Interested in aloha ʻāina and conservation of our Hāna coastline and way of life?
Ke Ao Hāliʻi’s mission is is to protect and preserve the natural and cultural resources of the Hāna moku and the customary and traditional practices of Native Hawaiians of the region; to hold title to and own interests in real property or to hold easements; to preserve and manage the area’s natural, cultural, scenic, historic and marine resources for the benefit, education and enjoyment of our community and future generations.
Be a part of this impact, making our special community a better place!
Mālama ʻĀina Technician: Begin to execute the Land Management Plan developed by Ke Ao Hāliʻi’s board of directors through the following:
– Consistently maintain priority areas with mowing and weedeating, while developing, planning, proposing and implementing approaches and projects for invasive species removal, native and canoe crop replanting, volunteer, community workday and educational outreach activities, and other special projects as they may arise.
– Be liaison between this organization and community visitors to the ʻāina, ʻohana, Hana Ranch, kūpuna, keiki, visiting groups and schools, etc. on behalf of and as directed by KAH board of directors.
– Inform the continued development of KAH’s Land Management Plan.
Requirements – Applicants should:
– Have own, reliable vehicle (in compliance) and current Hawaiʻi driver’s license.
– Be able to maintain consistent workflow, self-monitor and stay on track with set goals, and work independently with little oversight.
– Show skill in operating equipment such as a riding lawn mower, weedeater, and chainsaw.
-Have proven written and communication skills.
-Have the ability to engage with the local community—from keiki to kūpuna, kamaʻāina to malihini—in an authentic, compassionate manner.
– Possess High School diploma or equivalent.
-Intermediate to advanced knowledge in cattle ranching and/or landscaping specific to Hawaiʻi and Hāna’s coastal environments preferred, but not required.
– Familiarity with Hāna, its community members, and Hawaiian history and culture, specific to land management and stewardship.
Position is part-time and based in Hāna.
*To apply, or if you have any questions, please email email@example.com with an introduction to yourself and your interest in this position in the body of the email, and your resume attached.