Interested in aloha ʻāina and conservation of our Hāna coastline and way of life?
Ke Ao Hāliʻi’s mission is is to protect and preserve the natural and cultural resources of the Hāna moku and the customary and traditional practices of Native Hawaiians of the region; to hold title to and own interests in real property or to hold easements; to preserve and manage the area’s natural, cultural, scenic, historic and marine resources for the benefit, education and enjoyment of our community and future generations.
Be a part of this impact, making our special community a better place!
Administrative Assistant: Support Ke Ao Hāliʻi’s (KAH) board of directors through the following:
– Work with board members, specifically the board chair, to maintain adequate records of all organizational documents and systems, community challenges and solutions, and land acquisitions.
– Be a liaison between this organization and fellow non-profits, neighbors, public school entities, local businesses, keiki, kūpuna, ‘ohana, teachers, etc., on behalf of and as directed by board chair of KAH.
Requirements – Applicants should:
– Have successful track record in creating and working through complex, administrative processes.
Be able to maintain documents (records), monitor and stay on track with set goals, and work independently with little oversight.
– Be able to create and maintain organizational systems, including spreadsheets and shared documents.
– Have proven writing and communication skills.
– Have stable and reliable internet access.
– Have the ability to engage with the local community—from keiki to kūpuna, kamaʻāina to malihini—in an authentic, compassionate manner.
– Possess High School diploma or equivalent; university studies preferred.
Familiarity with Hāna, its community members, and Hawaiian history and culture, specific to land management and stewardship.
Position is part-time and based in Hāna.
*To apply, or if you have any questions, please email email@example.com with an introduction to yourself and your interest in this position in the body of the email, and your resume attached.